Camera Ready Submission Guidelines
This page contains instructions for authors for submitting camera-ready papers for publication in the proceedings of the International Conference on Data and Software Engineering (ICoDSE 2017).
Camera-ready paper due: October 21, 2017
In order for your paper to be included in the ICoDSE 2017 conference proceedings and IEEE Xplore® you need to complete the following steps:
- Register for the conference with payment and obtain a registration code
- Formatting and verification of the IEEE Xplore® compliance
- Upload your paper and auxiliary files (documents and figures) via EDAS
- Submit your copyright form via EDAS (as an auxiliary file)
1. Conference Registration
Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their paper will be presented at the conference. Every paper accepted for ICoDSE 2017 must have an associated registration at the full member or non-member author rate. At least one author of each accepted paper must be registered for the conference by the October 31, 2017 author registration deadline in order for that paper to appear in the proceedings and to be scheduled for presentation.
For a paper in which all authors are students, one student author must register at the author registration rate.
For authors presenting multiple papers, one author registration is valid for the first paper; every additional paper (up to two) requires an additional fee of US$125 each.
The IEEE reserves the right to exclude or remove a paper from from IEEE Xplore® if the paper is not presented at the conference.
For information on conference registration go to the ICODSE 2017 Conference Registration page :
2. Formatting and IEEE Xplore® Compliance
Your accepted paper will appear on IEEE Xplore® — the IEEE Digital Library — and it is important that your submitted PDF file meets the specification for IEEE Xplore®. Failing to submit an IEEE Xplore® compatible PDF file may result in the file not being included in the conference proceedings. Please refer to the IEEE document “Simplified Requirements for Creating PDF Files for IEEE Xplore®” for more information.
In order to assure that all submitted PDF files are IEEE Xplore® compliant, your paper must pass both format checks, in IEEE PDFXpress and on EDAS.
You must use IEEE PDF eXpress™ to generate or verify an IEEE Xplore® compliant PDF. We strongly recommend that all final submissions be created using the IEEE PDF eXpress™ service. The IEEE PDF eXpress™ service can convert your paper from a wide range of formats to IEEE Xplore®-compatible PDFs. The service is free of charge for ICoDSE 2017 authors and can be accessed using the following information:
- Go to the IEEE PDF eXpress™ Login Page www.pdf-express.org
- Click on the link “New Users – Click Here” and fill in your information. You should use id. number 42514X if submitting to the ICODSE Conference.
The following information is intended to guide you on formatting your final paper, ensuring your PDF file is IEEE Xplore® compliant.
The page limit for regular (full) is six (6) pages. Please use the extra page in full papers for addressing the comments of the reviewers, make your figures large enough to be legible, and to comply with all formatting requirements. Please note that it is not possible to purchase extra pages.
Please format your final submission using the guidelines provided in:
The guidelines are implemented in the following templates:
Only in case you are unable to use LaTex, other text processors may be used at your own risk. IEEE provides a template for Word in US-Letter size. Your final submission must follow all IEEE conference formatting requirements (e.g., font sizes, margins, and layout). Thus, check them really carefully.
Margins must be:
- Top: 0.75 inch = 1.91 cm
- Left/right: 0.62 inch = 1.58 cm
- Bottom 1.0 inch = 2.54 cm
Further important requirements:
- Title is set in 24 pt non-bold.
- Any running headers/footers or page-numbers must be removed.
- Columns should be balanced, i.e. have same length on each page.
- Blue-underlining for URLs and email addresses should be removed.
- Papers must be in US-Letter size. A4 or other sizes are not allowed.
- Please note that you should prepare the final manuscript with no page numbering.
3. Paper Upload
Before uploading your paper, please:
- Check that title and abstract in EDAS match your camera-ready paper exactly. If it is different, please send an email to ICoDSE chair (email@example.com).
- Please use Title Case for the paper title, i.e. capitalising all main words.
- Compare all author names in EDAS with the author list in your paper. They must be identical and in the same order.
- Enter all middle names/initials you prefer to use in the paper in the author profile EDAS, as well.
- Ensure that special characters in the paper match the EDAS entry. EDAS supports UTF-8 special characters, such as äïöüßîçñé, etc. for author names.
- Have the PDF checked or created by IEEE PDFXpress; upload the certified file returned from IEEE PDFXpress into EDAS.
- Put together the auxiliary files (Microsoft Words documents, Latex documents, figures, etc) that are necessary to build the camera ready pdf file into one zip / rar file. Upload the zip/rar file to EDAS. The zip/rar file have to be able to be opened/extracted.
This is very important because we will be using the information provided in EDAS to generate the final conference program and the table of contents for IEEE Xplore®. Please note that the abstract and title should be readable stand-alone and not contain any references or unexplained acronyms.
In case you need to modify the title or the abstract, you can do this through EDAS. Changes to the list of authors, allowed only under exceptional circumstances, have to be approved by TPC chairs. All the camera-ready papers have to be submitted via EDAS by October 21, 2017.
EDAS will prevent you from uploading papers that do not comply with formatting checks. Please check all requirements carefully again if that happens. If you believe your paper is compliant and you are still prevented from uploading, please send your PDF eXpress-certified PDF file to the publication chair and ask for advice. Please always put your EDAS paper number in the subject line of email communication.
4. IEEE Copyright
All papers published at ICoDSE 2017 will be published under the delayed Open Access Model within IEEE Xplore®. This means that the papers will be available within IEEE Xplore® without any charges or subscriptions after 12 months.
Therefore, authors are required to transfer the copyright of their accepted papers to IEEE. This has to be done by signing and uploading this copyright form via EDAS (as an auxiliary file). Once you finish that process, EDAS will show the type and date of copyright submission on your paper page. Note that all papers will stay under IEEE Copyright.
You must upload the camera-ready version of your paper and submit the IEEE copyright form (https://www.ieee.org/documents/IEEECForm121302pdf_1.pdf) to EDAS no later than October 21, 2017 (IEEE copyright form as an auxiliary files). Please fill IEEE Publication Title with International Conference on Data and Software Engineering 2017. At least one of the authors should present the paper in the conference, directly or via online. IEEE reserves the right to exclude a paper from distribution after the conference, including IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, if the paper is not presented by the author at the conference. If you fail to comply, the paper will not be published in IEEE Xplore®.